Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Value

Value has a number of meanings to me: the value of a line, the monetary value of an object, my personal values, and things I value. My personal values are the ways in which I live my life. How I choose to do things, and how I choose to act. The things I value are both material and not. I very much value my friends and family, for their support and love. And I value the material things I am fortunate enough to have. As artists, we are confronted with the issue of the value of our work. How much is our time and creative effort worth? And how much are people willing to pay. It's a difficult situation trying to price a piece of work. You want to make sure you are making a profit and proving your worth as an artist. But you also don't want to overcharge, and seem to self-confident of your work. Pricing a piece of work is probably the hardest part of being an artist for me.

No comments: